Burnt out on dating

01-Jun-2020 20:41

THAT no Money be allowed by the Overseers to be paid to any Person, but by Order of his Majesty's Justices of the Peace, and the Gentlemen of the Committee then sitting, on a Day appointed Weekly for the Relief of the Poor.THAT no Person be admitted into the House, but on the Committee-day, except on some extraordinary Occasion.

Accordingly, this Summer, a commodious House has been built near the Church, at the Charge of the Honourable Gentlemen aforesaid ; and at Midsummer, all such Poor, as receiv'd Weekly Pensions from the Parish, were admitted into it, to the Number of 900 odd, and are at present employ'd in the picking of Oakum, winding Silk for Throwsters, Spinning Jersey, and such other Work as they are capable of under Mr. THIS Undertaking being its Infancy, it does not yet appear what will be the Success of it ; but one good Effect it has already had, viz.

The workhouse of the parish of St Nicholas, Deptford, was established in part of a former mansion house dating from the 1650s known as Sayes Court.

The Greenwich Poor Law Union was formed on 18th November 1836.

[Up to 1834] [After 1834] [Staff] [Inmates] [Records] [Bibliography] [Links] Greenwich's first parish workhouse was opened in 1723, next to St.

Alphege's Church, In 1725, the first edition of An Account of Several Workhouses...

Accordingly, this Summer, a commodious House has been built near the Church, at the Charge of the Honourable Gentlemen aforesaid ; and at Midsummer, all such Poor, as receiv'd Weekly Pensions from the Parish, were admitted into it, to the Number of 900 odd, and are at present employ'd in the picking of Oakum, winding Silk for Throwsters, Spinning Jersey, and such other Work as they are capable of under Mr. THIS Undertaking being its Infancy, it does not yet appear what will be the Success of it ; but one good Effect it has already had, viz.

The workhouse of the parish of St Nicholas, Deptford, was established in part of a former mansion house dating from the 1650s known as Sayes Court.

The Greenwich Poor Law Union was formed on 18th November 1836.

[Up to 1834] [After 1834] [Staff] [Inmates] [Records] [Bibliography] [Links] Greenwich's first parish workhouse was opened in 1723, next to St.

Alphege's Church, In 1725, the first edition of An Account of Several Workhouses...

included a IT being observ'd that the Poor are very numerous, and cost about 800 l.